Thursday, July 15, 2010

Free Instant SMS Directions From Google













I was just shown this amazing little trick from Google. If you are ever lost, need a number or address, or would like directions this is the trick for you. All you need is a cell phone and a place to go and the trick is easy.
Google allows you to text message them for instant, free directions! What you need to do is dial ‘Google’ (466453…yes only 6 numbers) with the body of the text containing and place in the world and a location. For example I put in “Border Grille Santa Monica”, which is a great restaurant in Los Angeles. I text message Google at their number and within 3 seconds I received 2 text messages back containing the address and instant dial phone number of the two Border Grilles in the Santa Monica area.
I was very amazed by this, but am not surprised by Google. Some of the best features of Google are their free services (analytics, mail, etc). I am not quite sure if you have to pay for the text message you send (may depend on your provider), but regardless this is a very nice trick.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails